Monday, October 03, 2005

Vehicle from Out side Maharashtra and no N.O.C! COP leads way to get away with the FINE!

This is an incident that happend with me at the square near COEP! While travelling towards Pune Station from a my office near shopper's stop shivaji nagar, my friend was stopped by this cop for routine check and was asked for a "No Objection Certificate" for riding a bike registered outside Maharashtra. My Freind was at fault and said he does not have it! On this the cop said then you got to pay a fine of INR 2200! This freind of mine being a non maharashtrain sought for my help understanding the local language! This is where I stepped in! I told the COP what this freind of mine was told in his state about the registration and all that! Later he said you will have to surrender the vehicle with the RTO and then collect it toommorow morning! To which my freind was reluctant! Seeing our reluctance the COP suggested solution that we pay him something and then things could be worked out! We although a bit reluctant gave a thought to it and instead of getting in to the never ending loops of Police station and RTO decided to pay him a whooping sum (< 2200) he demanded.

After tendering this sum he gave us big TIP (as per him!), if some cop catches us next time we should say that our parents are in ARMY and then we are SAFE! NO COP WILL ASK US FOR ANYTHING!!!!

I just felt like lauging there, but decided against it! But now decided to share this new found "wisdom" with all of you! Next time the COP asks you for a license just say my parent(s) is/are working with ARMY! So what if it is not the truth! You might just get away with paying some fine or else end up in a bigger prooblem for lying as well! ... FOr a moment i assume that once I gett through with this reason!

So what dose someone, who is not having any relative in ARMED forces or is not on any "Priviledged" positions and is not willing to lie to the COP do? sit Idle and pay any amount the COP is asking for! Should we not be using Rule book as a essential reference? Why can this necessary thing (Books on Civil right in Day to day life!), in our urban life be taught to children in school. What i mean is, how about the idea of "Teaching in the schools How much fine you have to pay when you did some 'X' CRIME!/MISCONDUCT!". Or can we ask the COPs for the rule book under which they are booking us! is this under our Civil rights? Who will answer this question (Any advocates arround?). If we are to carry all the detailed documents about our vehicle then why can the Cops not carry a small manual describing to the "Common Man" what it means by which Rule? Who will take a decision on that?

Well may be this is looking more like a frustration text but I do not find anyother means to let my ire out!

3 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, October 03, 2005, Blogger Ganesh (கணேஷ்) said...

Well .. If you are frustrated so much, think of me !!

BTW, whats this "Rudra" ?? Your pet name ?

 
At 8:05 AM, October 03, 2005, Blogger Ganesh (கணேஷ்) said...

Ok .. I can see your confused face. This is Ganesh.

 
At 9:12 AM, October 03, 2005, Blogger Ganesh (கணேஷ்) said...

Where did I say I didn't like the time we spent at GP ? :-/ I said it was a bad start to a great night at GP !

Anyway, u still haven't answered abour Rudra .....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home