Tuesday, December 20, 2005

I am ashamed!

We (me and 2 friends of mine) were out to book a costume for a function at office. It was busy road in the heart of the Pune city and as usual had no space to park the vehicle. So I did wait for someone to move their vehicle so that I could park mine. By then succumbing to the frustration of lack of space my other two friends had parked their vehicle right in the gate of this building where this costume shop is situated. We were accompanied by another friend who was now talking with me as the other friend was on the business to book to costume. Some time passed by me and the friend discussed so many different topics. Then came an old couple, in the late 50s and uncle saw the vehicle and was all furious!!

"Are you people illiterate? Do you people NOT have ANY sense of parking?"

Now this was fine. We were at fault I said sorry, and the friend moved the vehicle, made way for the uncle to pass by; But uncle insisted that we remove the vehicle from that place and when I tried convincing him otherwise was firing all guns out, arguing with me. I also got carried away in the heat of the air and started arguing with him! In the same heat I did shout at him! I felt bad! I do not like shouting at elders! I do not do that come what may! Today that principle of mine was torn to pieces by none other than myself! I stopped the argument, just did not answer to him pulled vehicle aside.

The aunty who was till now aggressive now went in some consolidation mode! This made me more ashamed! I had a question; did I act in a fashion that made her feel insecure that I might turn hostile? Now that was it! I just lost all my anger and a feeling of guilt had filled me!

I feel I should be more careful acting with elders hence forth! But then I still have some questions un-answered! How does one look (with respect) at elderly people who always overlook the rules themselves and ask us the "Younger" generation to stay by them? for e.g. if you have to cross a road light might be green for vehicles these elderly people just walk in the middle; risking their own life. When confronted by a youngster they end up telling him, you guys do NOT follow traffic rules!!! Now, what would they tell, should the guy riding the bike is another uncle?

Well, whatever be the standards the old people follow! I feel I should stick to my principles and not shout at them or show any sort of disrespect towards them! I shall take care!

3 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, January 03, 2006, Blogger Gayatri Shenoy said...

Nice Blog..Mr Rudra :-) Good Going.

 
At 1:26 AM, January 09, 2006, Blogger Sonali said...

good u realised that you should take care :-)

 
At 12:39 PM, February 05, 2006, Blogger Medha P said...

Mind well, you were in the heart of the City where you are bound to find typical punekars.
Let me lecture you a bit,if you have patience-
Firstly, u should take care while handling elders. Secondly, I watch elders crossing road during reds for vehicles and walking crossed to catch the other end of road.

Thirdly, there is no excuse afterall that if some elderly does mistake, so u can follow it.

Don't feel bad, we are not Gandhians to digest every wrong thing happily. Still,behaviour science tells us more than IT or other things coming up.

I liked your blog humm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home